1. Polyethylene pipe Introduction Polyethylene (PE) pipe has used for rural, irrigation and industrial applications, due to its versatility and the advantages it offers over iron, steel and cement systems. PE pipe can be supplied in straight lengths or in coils, reducing the need for joints and...
1. Polyethylene pipe Introduction
Polyethylene (PE) pipe has used for rural, irrigation and industrial applications, due to its versatility and the advantages it offers over iron, steel and cement systems.
PE pipe can be supplied in straight lengths or in coils, reducing the need for joints and fittings. PE pipes can be jointed using butt and electrofusion techniques or with mechanical fittings.
There are a range of grades offered in PE products for different applications:
PE 100- The latest generation polyethylene pipe grade has higher strength and toughness than earlier generation materials. PE 100 has an MRS of 10.0MPa at 20°C.
HDPE – Used in production of polyethylene conduits.
LDPE – Low density polyethylene has high flexibility and retention of properties at low temperatures. The main applications of LDPE are in micro irrigation, low pressure drip irrigation, rural irrigation and stock watering applications.
PE pressure pipes are designated by their outside diameter or DN. For water and other general pressure applications, the maximum allowable operating pressure (MAOP) with a minimum service coefficient is designated by the pressure rating or PN. The SDR of a PE pipe refers to its ‘Standard Dimension Ratio’ which describes the geometry of the pipe and is the ratio of the outside diameter and the minimum wall thickness. Pipes with a higher SDR have a thinner wall than pipes with a low SDR. The SDR can be related to the MAOP using the material MRS and the service coefficient appropriate for the application.
2. Polyethylene pipe sizes:
3. The application of Polyethylene pipe:
1 PE pipes are used in a wide range of applications including:
2 Water supply
4 Recycled and Reclaimed Water Transfer
5 Mining and Slurry Lines
6 Underground Fire Service
7 Rural Applications
9 Compressed Air
10 Conduits for Electrical and Telecommunications
4.Polyethylene pipe characteristics：
1. PE pipe material is nontoxic and tasteless. It belongs to green building materials, never scalling, which can effectively improve the water quality.
2. Corrosion resistance:
3. Recycled and Environmental-friendly.
5.The transaction details of Polyethylene pipes:
Application: water drainage
Original: Shandong Province, China
Certification: ISO CE
Payment term: So far 100%T/T before shipment, or 30% deposit paid by T/T, balance paid by L/C
Delivery date: By T/T, it depends, usually within 30 days after receiving 30% deposit